Thursday, June 25, 2009

Birthday Parties: My Little Beach Boy!

My little Tommy turned four a few weeks ago, and everyone had a great time at his "Beach Boy" Party! Having a birthday party in June in Arizona means an indoor party or a swim party! Every year we end up doing a big summer splash party for his birthday. This year, I decided on a palm tree/beach theme! I was quite busy with Etsy orders, but of course I made time to make create some goodies for Tommy's party!

You won't be surprised that I pulled out my favorite cupcake stand, yet again! I made cupcake toppers with the colors, font and palm tree graphic I created from the invitation! I baked white & devils food cupcakes and topped with my favorite whipped white frosting. I bought blue & green sugar sprinkles to match the rest of the party decor! I placed a couple of leis around the base of the stand to add to the tropical feel. I found the cute blue/green luau plates, napkins & lanterns at Michaels.
For party favors, I purchased beach toy baskets and created personalized tags for each party guest! I made the "Happy Birthday" banner with a Cricut machine, and handcut the palm trees on the ends! I found the perfect Palm Tree pinata at Walmart, and made personalized stickers for the candy bags!


My friend, Tina from Live.Love. Photography took amazing photos of all the fun and party decor! As you can see, the kids had a great time!

18 comments:

Aaron [air] said...

youre a fantastic mama! You should be proud of all your hard work! Keep it up. I love reading your blog!

Inkspot Workshop said...

SUPERB!! my little guy turns 4 in January, can't wait to see what he's into

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

What a fun party! Your cupcake stand looked great of course. =)

jessica said...

This looks SO fun! I love the favors and the fun color scheme!

Aaron [air] said...

Oh and I wanted to give your readers another place to find your cupcake stand...

Zurchers Party Store! My friend just bought one there! But they keep a limited supply so it helps to call ahead!

Meredith said...

Great JOB Kimmi! LOVE the paper lantern thing too..You always know how to make it all come together!! Wish we were there...

Shelley@divinepartyconcepts said...

Everything looks great and it looks like everyone had a great time!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

What a great party! I love everything you did!!

Unknown said...

This looks absolutely wonderful!

michelle@everyday celebrating said...

love love the slideshow!!!! I have GOT to start hiring pro photographers for my parties. Makes such a difference and really frees you up.

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Thank you, ladies for all the lovely compliments!

Michelle - Lucky me, two of my best friends are now photographers! :) Yippee!

Heather said...

Hi! You did such a great job with the party...it's adorable, and I love all the special details! The slide looks pretty fun too...I bet they all had a great time!

Dana said...

Hi Kim,
I've thoroughly enjoyed looking through your website! You are so creative and crafty - it is a little mini-escape to look at all your pretty pics. =) I wondered if I might ask you a question. Do you print your paper goodies at home? Would you mind telling me what kind of printer you use? I am interested in a new home printer and wanted something high quality, but am just beginning my search. Would really appreciate any help/advice. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

very cute party!

Jenn said...

Kim,
I was wondering where I can purchase that cute white basket. I'm planning my mom's 60th B-day & I thought this would be fun to have for the kids.

Thank you,

PS love your blog i can't get enough of it.

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Jenn - The beach baskets were from Walmart!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Jenn - The beach baskets were from Walmart!

SarahJarnagin said...

What a fabulous party! Love it and will be saving this for future reference! Congrats on being featured on Tip Junkie.