Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Parties: Kate's Yummy Lollipop Party!

My little cupcake turned two last week, and her lollipop birthday party was this past weekend! I had so much fun designing her invitations and decor! Everything turned out really "sweet"! I think everyone had a great time! Shown above: Yummy Lollipop invitations, more info from my previous post HERE! I also designed cupcake toppers (3 versions: "kate's sweet shop", "k", and "kate"), and favor tags ("thank you for being sweet") tied to the mini swirl lollipops!

Shown above: Cupcake stand (more on this later!), marshmallow pops inspired by Bakerella, pink snowballs turned lollipops, rainbow jello form stuck with a lolli stick, and I also did fruit on lollipop sticks!

Above: Kate's Sweet Shop Door Sign, Cotton Candy Buckets (walmart Easter section $1!), and bright necklaces (walmart)! Homemade giant lollipops made of paper plates, paper, wood dowels, cellophane & ribbon!

Above: My little princess all dressed up in her TUTU from Etsy and custom lollipop rhinestone TANK TOP from Pouty Pants, courtesy of my fab sister-in-law, Nicollette! Orange & pink tissue paper pom-poms by Martha Stewart!
Party guests having fun! Love this picture of my best friend's daughter with googly eyes for the marshmallow lollipop! Kate got some fabulous gifts including the memo board made by my crafty friend, Thuy! For a craft, the kids decorated foam circles, made into lollipops!
Having your own Lollipop Party?! You can now find invitations, favor tags, cupcake toppers & more in my ETSY SHOP!

15 comments:

Aaron [air] said...

I LOVE the photos of the party! Its SO funny that we did some of the same things for our girls parties. The cotton candy from wal mart rocks huh?? We gave it out as favors and I also topped her cake with it! She loved it! Cotton candy is a fun fun thing!

Good job on the party!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Thank you! It was so much fun! I love the cotton candy...my son was afraid of it and wouldn't eat it! Let me know if you post your party! I'd love to check it out!

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating said...

absolutely precious!!!! If I may, I'd like to feature it on my blog sometime soon. :)

Live.Love. Photography said...

Looks like they had a blast! Everything looks perfect! Cute, Cute ;)

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness Kim how beautiful! You're my birthday party decor designer dream come true! Adorable!!

Mandy Smith (your Etsy friend)

Aaron [air] said...

Hey there Kim! I wanted to ask you what software you use for all your graphic stuff?? I am varying between one on my computer and one online service and I was wondering if you could pass along tips/advice. I would appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Meredith said...

SO adorable. Wish we were there.

Heather said...

This is sooo cute! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves to go all out for parties the kids won't even remember!

Found your site on Creative Parties and Showers :)

testing 1 said...

What a fun and beautiful party! I'm going to have to share you with my readers.

Anonymous said...

I love the lollipop ideas! Can someone please tell me what you put in the lollipop centerpieces underneath the candy to make the lollipops stand up straight. Thanks!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

This is adorable!! I'll be linking:-)

Ashley said...

I am going to copy you for my daughter's first birthday party! No, she won't be eating the lollipops, but how adorable!! I really love this idea!

Jodee said...

What a fabulous party! Everything is picture perfect! I love the "sweet" theme!

Elaina said...

Thanks for the inspiration! We just had a lollipop party this weekend for my daughter's 3rd birthday. It was a lot of fun to plan, and to have of course! Here's a link to some pics...http://www.funfindsformom.com/blog/lollipop-birthday-party

Christina said...

I LOVE your blog!! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas! I'm going to do the lollipop party for my daughter who's is turning 4 in January. I need something to ryhme with "4" on the invite...any ideas? :)
Also, I'm looking for pouty pants but can't find it. :( That tank top is just too cute!! I have to have it!