Wednesday, December 23, 2009

{Birthday Parties} Little Miss Marley's Sweet Snowflake 1st Birthday Party!

It's that busy time of year....the holidays! I've been trying to find a few spare moments to share this party with you!
I sure hope it was worth the wait!
If you've been reading my blog, you know that Amy Atlas is a such an inspiration for me. She is the queen of dessert buffet tables and I am obsessed with her beautiful creations. The presentation details and dessert selections she uses are not only gorgeous, but delicious I'm sure. I decided it was time for me to make my first attempt at a full dessert table, and what better time that for my best friend's daughter's 1st birthday party! We decided on an aqua & red snowflake theme. I started with the invitation design and made coordinating cupcake toppers and jar labels. We had so much fun finding all of the little snowflake details!
I made the cupcakes using my favorite icing tip, along with my favorite white whipped frosting! I found the snowflake sprinkles at HomeGoods (my happy place), which turned out perfect on the cupcakes and chocolate dipped pretzel sticks! I've officially started a collection of glass jars, and most I found at HomeGoods, as well. We decorated with white and red sparkly snowflakes hanging from the ceiling found at the dollar store and Target. Little Miss Marley borrowed Kate's aqua Kaiya Eve pettiskirt (from her cupcake 1st birthday) and our friend, Thuy created a coordinating snowflake shirt to go along with it! I bought Marley the adorable flower headband from Dolce Vita Mia, and her crown (shown above) was made by True Love Found. Could she be any cuter?! Santa visited the party and handed out gifts to all of the little party guests! Lots of fun was had by all! Snowflakes are the perfect theme for winter parties!
Invitation and party circle designs available will be available in my shop!

VIEW THE PARTY SLIDESHOW HERE!
The photos of when Santa arrived are too cute!

{Photos courtesy of Live Love Photography}

17 comments:

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Kim-
Stunning. Down to the tiniest of details. Adore the color combination with the snowflakes. Marley is too cute for words. PERFECTION!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Kimmi - Gorgeous party ideas as usual and Teen if you're reading this your pictures are sooo cute!

DawnCorrespondence said...

What a gorgeous spread! I love the freshness and the bright, beautiful colors you chose!

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

Beautiful job! Love your theme, and all your attention to detail.
From a mutual Amy Atlas fan! :)

http://polkadotprintsstudio.blogspot.com/2009/12/lemon-delicious-kitchen-tea.html

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Ooh, I love the turquoise and red!! Fabulous job, as always!

Merry Christmas!

Mommy said...

AWESOME JOB!!! Love all the details :) Everything looks delish!

Amy H. said...

Just went through the slideshow, GORGEOUS!

Thank you for sharing...
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Amy

LiveLovePhotography said...

Those pretzels were as good as they looked!!! Yummy!

sassypackrat said...

Oh my gosh was everything adorable! Love the color combo too!

Kristi said...

Kim - Thank you for making Marley's day SO wonderfully decadent and beautiful!!! I would have never pulled it off without you!! You are are truly the best and am lucky to have you in my life!!!!

Sweetly Sweet said...

Super beautiful! That dessert buffet was wonderful! Very Good job!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL spread! Everything looked perfect!! Amy Atlas would be proud!

Tanya said...

I have only 2 days to plan my sweet girls 1st bday and I wanted to do a snowflake theme. When I googled it your blog appeared in the search result!!How lucky am I?!
I am INSPIRED by this party and I while I'd been dreading trying to pull my daughters party together so soon after Christmas I am now excited!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Found it! Soooo super cute!!! Love the huge red snowflakes! Everything came together perfectly! You can never go wrong at HomeGoods~ Awesome job;o)

Lollipop Events & Designs said...

This is just too sweet!! Love it!

bonnie said...

Oh how cute...my little girls birthday is Christmas Day and this would be perfect for next year!!!:) Bonnie x

Half Baked said...

I LOVE the blue and red color combo, not to mention all of the little details. What a perfect party!