Thursday, March 25, 2010

{Party in Progress} Kate's Fairy Garden Invitations!

Well, as you all know, things are in full swing for Kate's Fairy Garden Party this coming weekend! I showed you a little peek at the invitations, but I wanted to give you a more details on how it came together and also tease you with a few other images of what's going on at our house!
I had a slight creative block when I was trying to decide what to do for the invitations. I couldn't decide whether to do something shaped (like her lollipop invitations last year) or stick with a flat design. In stepped my sweet blogging/designing friend, Jess of Pen N' Paper Flowers and offered to whip me up an illustration if I needed it. Hmmm...instantly I thought about doing a silhouette, because I have always loved this little ballerina girl silhouette by Le Papier Studio. I mentioned it to Jess, and voila...our little Kate was turned into a piggy-tailed little fairy in a tutu & wings! Jess also suggested the little butterfly in her hand, and I took it further across the design of the invitation. It was the perfect way to add in all of the colors I wanted to include for the party: bright pink, yellow, orange and lime! To add a little interest to the invitations, I hand-glittered all of the butterflies! (inspired by my friends at Icing Designs!)
Next came finding the proper envelopes, and I happened upon the perfect pink iridescent ones at my local paper store. I have been noticing the trend of wrap-around address labels (last seen here on Everyday Celebrating), and decided to give it a try! The return address wraps around the backside of the envelope! I love how they turned out!

I've been busy trying to blog, keep up with the shop (thank heavens for Andrea!), get the house presentable, and prepare for this party! Here are a few peeks from around my house....just to get you as excited as I am about this party!

I have to say thank you to everyone who is helping and making fabulous things for Kate's party! I have a long list of ladies to thank and will share every little detail after the party!

Cheers!

20 comments:

Sharnel said...

Oh wow!! Those invites are divine! Can't wait to see it all pulled together.
x

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

ditto to Sharnel!! Also just stumbled across the wrap around address lable idea....I am so doing that for a current job!! - and remember to breathe today!! :)

Bethany said...

SUPER cute!! I cannot wait to see how it comes together!!

Aaron [air] said...

I love the invites and what you have shared so far. Also I am a huge fan of the wrap around label. I did a wrap of sorts around my sisters grad announcements about 4 years ago and ever since I am hooked.

Love it all Kim! Great job!

ThinkFeminist said...

Those are extremely gorgeous, I sure have no talents whatsoever. Stop by my blog whenever you get a chance at www.safehomehappymom.com

Glory said...

Everything looks like it's coming together beautifully! I can't wait to see the whole thing! I really love the colors, and I already love the little tease photo of what looks like the dessert/food table (all the cake stands, accented with the party colors!!)

Unknown said...

It's looking beautiful! Can't wait to see the pics!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Cherry Blossoms said...

The invites turned out really good! Love them. I also like wrap around address label. Can't wait to see photos and hear all about the party!

Lindsey {Bella Grace Party Designs} said...

looking good! can't wait to see everything come together!

Opie Dawn said...

The invitations are fantastic, and the wrap around address label is the perfect addition.

Meredith Nelson Photography said...

So beautiful Kimmi! Love those address labels!
Cant wait to see the details. Again, I am sad to miss another party :(

jessica said...

AMAZING! of course! I LOVE the wrap around label and the colored envelopes. Such fun colors!

Heidi said...

Kate's party is to die for! Everything looks amazing. I can't wait to see all the pictures after the party!

I love the wrap around address labels! How fun!

Courtney said...

Can't wait to see more pictures, looks like it will be fantastic!

Unknown said...

LOVE the envelope wraps kim! LOVE them. i'm excited to see every detail of the party when it's done. i'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

and thank you SO much for the sweet mention about the silhouette on the invite. WE worked hard to perfect her. *wink*

Annette said...

Hi Kim, love the invites. good luck your daughter's party. I'm sure she will have a blast!

Unknown said...

I see my Fabulous Find cupcake pedestal stand from Costco! Isn't it fabulous! Looks very pretty!

Heather said...

Have fun this weekend! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! I hope you had a great time at the party!

Heather said...

I always LOVE your ideas. Did I miss the post where you shared how you re-did your kitchen cabinets? Also, wanted to let you know I gave you an award on my blog today. :)

Heather
The Gift Closet
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com