Monday, February 8, 2010

Please Welcome.....Andrea Alley to The TomKat Studio!

{art print via the love shop}
First, I want to say THANK YOU to all who showed tremendous interest in working with me on The TomKat Studio. Your emails, resumes, power point presentations and recommendations were amazing. I am so flattered by all of your sweet words and how inspired you are by my blog and work. I received over 70 submissions! I want you to know that I went through EVERY email, clicked every link and spent quality time with each of you to make this very important decision. The wealth of talented, creative, ready-to-work women is so inspiring...and I wish I could hire you all!

I apologize that I have not responded personally to each of you yet, and if you are reading this here first. It was a tough decision, and spent hours pouring over your blogs and creative work! This process was so different than a regular interview/application because I was able to peek into many of your lives via your blogs and I thank you for sharing with me!

{photos courtesy of session nine photography}

I am OVERJOYED to announce that Andrea Alley has joined The TomKat Studio! Everything about Andrea's submission was perfection. Her email was just the right mix of professional, yet so friendly and honest. Andrea recently gave birth to her first child, a beautiful daughter. In the Fall before the baby was born, she started a Virtual Assistant company to be able to work from home and strive for that ever challenging balance of having a career, along with motherhood. She has documented her journey through pregnancy on her blog, Baby Steps to Mom. Her blog is real, it's honest and it's just sweet (her maternity photos are adorable of her & her husband...and her hospital photos gave me the goosebumps!). I feel like I know her already. She has all of the required skills, plus what I predict to be exemplary organizational skills (since she is running a VA business!) that will greatly benefit my business.

BONUS! She's local! I really didn't think that I had a preference of having someone close or in another state, but the more I thought about it, I realized how convenient it may be in the future. As the company grows, her roll may grow and it will be great to be able to meet to make plans, discuss ideas and get to know each other in person! This way, we can fly together to NYC when we appear on the Martha Stewart show! (kidding....just a little dream of mine! :)

In all seriousness, I am THRILLED to introduce you to her and I can't wait for her to get started!

So, my dear readers, please WELCOME ANDREA by leaving her a little comment here to show her a little piece of the amazing LOVE you so willingly give me everyday!!

29 comments:

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Congratulations Andrea! I can't wait to see all of your creations!!

The Shopping Mama said...

Congratulations, Andrea! I'm sure you two are going to be quite the team.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Best wishes~

Kara said...

Congratulations Andrea! Have a great time with Kim!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

Andrea, It seems like a perfect fit-your exellence is a lovely compliment to the work The Tom Kat Studio produces!

Aaron [air] said...

welcome, welcome! I am excited to see the two of you working together..{well you know what I mean, since I cant actually see it}

I already am loving your blog and Kim I have no doubt that one day you will make it to Martha Stewart....

extreme personal measures said...

Congratulations Andrea! I bet you will have a blast!

Melissa Irvin said...

Welcome Andrea!

And, Kim, if you can believe it, you can achieve it! You will be on Martha Stewart's show some day, I am sure!

Amber Filkins said...

What a match made in cute-stuff heaven!! I am so incredibly happy for you that you've found such a great match.

Congrats Andrea!!

Andrea said...

Kim, I'm so excited to work with you! This was such a sweet post. And HECK YES I'll go be on the Martha Stewart show with you- hehe :) But seriously, how much fun would THAT be?

Tina-Bash Event Studio said...

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! I look forward to working with you soon. Congrats to the both you and I can't wait to see you grow.

Blanca said...

Congrats Andrea! I just love everyhting TomKat so I cannot wait to see your creations.

Good luck and best wishes!

Blanca

Marijke said...

Congrats! An exciting time for both of you!

All the best,
Marijke

Anonymous said...

I alwys look forward to what Kim is creating and now I can look forward to reading about what the both of you are up too! ;o) Congrats Andrea :oD Love Karen from Aussieland! ;o)

Anonymous said...

congratulations andrea and kim! what a wonderful team you will make! so excited! cant wait to see what you do!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Congratulations Andrea! I can't wait to see what exciting things you and Kim will come up with!You two really are the local Martha's!

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

Congratulations on the new job Andrea! I so can't wait to see what this year brings for Kim & you...it's gonna be good! Martha doesn't know what she's missing! :) Keep the dream alive!

denise said...

Congratulations to both of you!!! Seriously, Martha Stewart is where you will end up!!!!!! or better yet, your own show!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulaciones!!!!

Jodee said...

Congratulations, Andrea! I am going over to check out her blog now!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Andrea! So excited for you to join Kim in her creative ventures!

awesome said...

welcome Andrea, I'm excited that a match has been found. excited to see all that you ladies have in store for us!

Mandy said...

2 Martha's?? I cannot wait to see what is in my customer heaven....Looking forward to double stalkage, too :)

Unknown said...

congrats andrea! can't wait to go take a peek at your blog...

and congrats to YOU kim...for getting yourself to the point where you'd need to HIRE an assistant. we LOVE you to pieces and look forward to seeing what you both come up with together!

Andrea Scatuccio said...

I'm tickled pink for you both! You nkow something with that name has MY vote!! We're great gals!! Here's to an amazing new union between two amazing women!
xo
Andrea

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Aww~ Congrats! Lovin' the pics already, and I haven't even stopped by her blog yet;o) You deserve the very best Kim! Good luck to the both of you!

Acraea said...

Congratulations, Andrea, on the new endeavour!

Unknown said...

I am very excited to see your contributions to the TomKat Studio! Your warmth radiates through the screen and have an absolute spark! Congrats on your new addition!

Andrea said...

Thank you, ladies! You are all part of the reason I am so excited to work with Kim- super sweet followers! :)

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Congratulations, Andrea (and Kim!) I'm excited for you both!!