Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kid Fun: Snake Hunting

I thought I'd share a little fun game we've been playing at our house lately. Sometimes the days get long and the kids need something fun to keep them excited and occupied.

Enter....plastic snakes and a game I like to call "Snake Hunting". This is very basic really, you hide the snakes around the house, and the kids find them! They get SO excited when they find one..."Momma...I found one! I found one!" Give them a basket to collect their finds. This little game could work with any small toys, but snakes are just fun. You can find them at Target in the garden section. You might want to count them before you hide them or you may keep finding creepy crawlies around the house for days!


Great practice for the Easter Egg Hunts coming soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Easter, do you have any great basket ideas???

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Great idea for a post, Lorie! I'll work on it! :)

Sarah said...

Love this idea. I am posting a link in the morning. Super cute and I guess it's a good alternative to "no reptiles will ever be in this house" crazy mom talk.