Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Heading to NYC for Martha Stewart's Bloggers' Night Out & BlogHer '10 Conference!

I can't believe I pulled it off! Tomorrow, I am hopping on a plane to New York City to attend both BlogHer '10 and Martha Stewart's Blogger's Night Out! It was totally a spur of the moment decision, but when I get my mind set on something...I tend to go for it! After receiving the invitation for the Martha blogger event and hearing the buzz about BlogHer, I knew I couldn't miss out!
I just secured a pass for BlogHer, a flight (thank you Southwest Airlines!), and a room with a group of fabulous mom bloggers TODAY!
Yes...TODAY and I am flying out TOMORROW!
EEeeeek!

It isn't easy to leave my family, even for a few days...but my wonderful husband urged me to go for it! I have to give a little shout out to my neighbor, Christine and my assistant, Toni who wouldn't let me give up on the effort to go! Thank you also to my friend, Jess who predicted
"the stars will align"
for this...and I think they just did!

Did I mention AMY ATLAS will be there? I'm giddy.
Catch you later..I need to start packing!

20 comments:

The Shopping Mama said...

I hope to meet you, Kim! I am planning on being at the Martha Bloggers Night Out (for a bit) so I'll look for you!

So glad it all worked out for you to go!

Aaron [air] said...

I am SOOO excited and happy for you. I hope it is the trip of a lifetime! You are well on your way to incredible success! Great job!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

@Kate - I would love to meet you! See you there!
@Air - Thank you, sweetie! I'm thrilled!

Katie said...

It sounds like it's worth the trip just to attend the Martha event. I'm dying to know what that's all about. Please let us know☺

Christina D. said...

OMG how fun! You deserve it! Can't wait to read all about it. Have fun!

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

Oh such nervous excitement I bet!! Have an absolute blast! xo

To ELLE and Back said...

Carpe Diem! Sounds like fun, tres jealous!

ps-love the blog!

Marcie said...

Good for you!!! I am sooooo jealous...Amy Atlas! SIGH
When you can come up for air can you recoomend anything online to learn more about blogging? I'm just starting with event designing etc and need some insight for the rest! CONGRATS... you are one of my top role models <3 Love your spirit!

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

That completely rocks... have a fabulous time... and be sure to come tell us all about it!

the decorated cookie said...

I'll keep my eye out for you at the Martha blogger's party! Not going to BlogHer, but will be on the rooftop tomorrow (eek, to tomorrow! so much to do before then... like get to NY). Looking forward to meeting you in person!

linnette from paperglitter.com said...

Fabulous Kim! have a great time and I hope this opens even more doors for you! ^____^

Catherine at Design Editor said...

Awesome! Have an amazing time-takes lots of pix and notes. Can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels!

P.S. Say hi to Amy for me!

denise said...

Congratulations!!! You truly deserve to enjoy your dreams!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear all the details.

a. party style said...

You'll be there!? Now I'm even more excited to go... I'm going too. Kim, I would LOVE to meet you! We've emailed a couple times before, but what a pleasure it would be to actually meet you in person. Now I'm giddy!

butterccream said...

can't wait to hear all about it. Hopefully someday my blog will take off like yours and I will be attending the event with you.

Little Green Umbrella said...

Have fun. I am sure you will have many fans there. I became a fan of yours the instant I found your website.

Shelley said...

You are so cute Kim. I hope you have a blast!! I want to hear all the details.

Salted & Savored said...

That is FANTASTIC Kim!

Unknown said...

you've already posted pics from the event and i'm so thrilled you were able to go! i just KNEW they'd align for you Kim...*wink* you are on your way girl...on. your. way.