Monday, November 9, 2009

Cupcake Monday: Fabulous Faux Cupcakes!

Remember when I wrote about the fabulous cupcake wrappers from Bella Cupcake Couture? Well, it's time to feature Carrie, the owner/creator of Bella Cupcake Couture again with this great tutorial on her blog for making FAUX cupcakes! Using insulation foam & spackle, these cupcakes look delicious, but aren't! :) I would love to try making these to use as props for my cupcake toppers when I can't use real cupcakes to show them off!
I'm thinking these could make adorable Christmas ornaments?
I wonder if they are strong enough to hang!
I'll post if I have time to try them out!

7 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are making me hungry! ;)

Carrie owner of Bella Cupcake Couture said...

Hi Kim, These are super lite and would be perfect little ornaments. Great idea!

Thanks for sharing with your readers.

Unknown said...

oooh! great idea! this is the perfect craft for my 10 year old's "dreaming of a white christmas" birthday party next month! i think i'll try minis for ornaments! LUV IT!

Anonymous said...

they look delish :( too bad they're not edible...

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

TOO CUTE!

Sweetly Sweet said...

They look yummy!

Anonymous said...

I think little mini "cupcake" ornaments would be SO cute!

Thanks for sharing such a "yummy" tutorial :)