Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The TomKat Studio is BEHIND!

{LOVE this photo via tracy girl via we heart it}

I'm trying my best to keep up....but I'm behind. Behind on posting, behind on reading, behind on designing, behind on everything! I miss you all, so I thought I'd catch you up on what's going on with me!
{Local Boutique Event}: I am preparing for an upcoming holiday boutique this weekend, which will be my first experience with something like this. I'm very excited, but nervous as well. I wanted to create actual inventory, rather than just displaying my designs and taking orders so I've had some help assembling fabulous things for the boutique! I have some really cute things ready and whatever doesn't sell, I'll be posting in my Etsy shop! If you are in the Phoenix area, PLEASE come visit me at BELIEVE: Holiday Boutique at Cornerstone Christian Fellowship in Chandler, AZ! Friday, 11/6 5:00pm - 9:00pm and Saturday, 11/7 9:00am - 2:00pm. Over 100 vendors are participating!
{House Update}: We found ANOTHER house! We've had a few hiccups, but if things work out the way we hope, we will be doing a quick remodel (flooring, paint, granite) and moving in a few weeks (AGAIN)! Luckily, I haven't purchased much furniture yet and we kept most of our stuff packed, since we weren't sure if the house we are in was going to be ours. We've been working on selections for the remodel, and boy is it fun! It's been a few years since we've done one, and I've missed it. The most exciting part for me....glass tile for my backsplash and fireplace. I'm a little obsessed and hope to end up with a fireplace that looks like one of these: {images via flickr}

{Holiday Designs}: I've had a ton of people ask me about holiday photo cards, and I had planned on offering a set of unique, glamorous designs. However, with the house situation keeping me so busy, I've decided to not offer cards this year. I want to get the house, coordinate the remodel, move, get settled and enjoy the holidays! However, I have already started working on PRINTABLE designs for all of your holiday party and gift needs! I'm really excited about the new designs and I will start posting them in the shop next week, once I get through the boutique this weekend! Here's a sneak peek:
So, enough about me....how are you?!
Are you so excited for the holidays? I know I am!

15 comments:

LiveLovePhotography said...

I like the second fireplace!! With a 99 cent Krispy Kreme coffee! Really wanting one of those right now at 5:45am. Wish there was one by me :(

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

The boutique sounds like fun! I'll be attending one this month as well. I have those same feelings! I'm sure you'll do awesome! Can't wait to see how it goes;o)

~Tanya

Anonymous said...

best of luck with the boutique and keep us updated on the whole house situation

Kristi said...

Kim - LOVE the fireplaces and the holiday sneak peak! Aren't Krispy Kreme coffees the best?!? And cheapest!

Mommy said...

WOW!! You are a BUSY girl! Thank you for stopping by to check out my zebra party :) I am definitely coming to Cornerstone on Friday. I'll come up and say hello. THANKS!! I'm super excited for the holidays as well :)

Tera said...

Good Luck with your first boutique, you will do fabulous! I love the colors for your holiday printables, I just recently used that combination for a fall apple party!

Andra said...

I'm SO glad you are going to be at the boutique, and I can't wait to meet you in person! ;) I LOVE glass tile, can't wait to see your finished remodel!
Love
A

Nancy said...

Excited to have you as a first time vendor this year at the Holiday Boutique. My daughter, Jami, has raved about you and I am anxious to see your booth and all your creations. I too will have a booth as well as working the boutique. See you Friday!
XO Nancy

Cherry Blossoms said...

My friend and I will both plan on stopping by on Sat. I will def make sure to say hi and of course can't wait to see all the fun, cute items!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

ooh, I'm in love with that second fireplace - gorgeous!!

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes well with the house! Hope you're doing well!!

Wishing you lots of success with the boutique : )

Family is Everything said...

Yesterday, my friend and I were talking about how excited we are to meet you. :-) See you tomorrow at the boutique!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm leaving you an award.

Tori {Thoughtfully Simple} said...

Good luck at your boutique event! I used to own a personalized stationery shop and we did several of these over the years. There is something to say about overhearing shoppers ohh and ahh in person :). Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

wow! you are a busy lady! have fun this weekend! and good luck with the new house! i am lovin that fireplace too! i just saw one very similar online and immediatly fell in love! cant wait to see all the redesigning you do!

becki said...

I am really sad I couldn't come meet you. I was working and had to miss the Believe Event {sad face}. I am really excited to hear all about it though.

Blossom Salon and Boutique had a fireplace similar to the first one but it was painted fun and funky greens and blues. They might still have it and it was an amazing price!