Friday, January 29, 2010

{Help Wanted} The TomKat Studio is Hiring an Assistant! Apply Now!

2010 is going to be a very exciting year for The TomKat Studio! After a year of blogging and starting my Etsy shop, I've decided it's time that I need to hire some help! I'm ready to grow my business and get better organized!

I am looking for a part-time virtual (you don't need to live in Phoenix, if you do, that's a plus!) assistant to handle fulfilling my digital file orders, along with tracking sales and answering inquiries. The time requirement would likely start at about 2 hours a day (5 days/week), but hopefully grow to much more, as I am able to work on getting all of my designs up in the shop and my order volume grows!

Requirements:

  • Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Publisher & Excel
  • Experience with Photoshop, a plus but not required
  • A Great Eye for Detail and Layout (Perfectionists Welcome)
  • Experience/Interest in Blogging
  • Must be Obsessed with Pretty Parties & Paper

Duties:

  • Field potential customer inquiries
  • Track/Log Orders
  • Format text/photos on existing layouts
  • Create/Email PDF files to customers

Ideal candidate would be available throughout the day to check for inquiries/orders.
Candidate must not operate a competing shop.

If you are interested in this position, please email me and tell me about yourself.
Attach your resume, and include any links you would like me to see of your work or blog!
kim@thetomkatstudio.com

11 comments:

Jess said...

Kim,

You are one smart and saavy woman! Good luck finding the perfect candidate. And...you do look like Bridgit Sampras...too funny!

Cherry Blossoms said...

How neat of an opportunity! Too bad I don't have a creative bone in my body! Its funny as I would love to do what you do and be someone's assistant! I would love to hit up a paper store hobby lobby with you someday. You are so talented that I seriously think you should consider offering a craft/ design class of some sort.

Raven said...

Oh I would love to help you out! :) Sending you my info now!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Good luck with your search - I'm excited to see your business grow!!

xoxo!

Emily said...

Sent you my resume! Hope you like me! XOXO

Nicole Leonard said...

Sounds like an awesome opportunity! I sent you my info and resume. Hope to hear from you soon!

Southern Belles Charm said...

I sent you my resume! Pick me, pick me! XOXO

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

The response has been overwhelming! I need an assistant just to sort through the 50+ applicants received today! WOW! There are so many creative ladies out there ready to get to work! I wish I could employ them all!

christy said...

If I wasn't working full-time, I would be so tempted!!! A bit of a perfectionist, love parties, your blog & I do live in Phoenix! So, so tempting!

Tiffany said...

I have not updated my resume in 10 + years and I am certain you have been overwhelmed with replies. I just pulled off my youngest girls UN-sleepover birthday party last night so didn't have the chance to reply to your post. But will be sending my info in the next day or so. I SO hope I am not too late! :(

Sweetly Sweet said...

I have been following you since you began your blog, so it's very exciting to see your business grow!
Best of luck on finding an assistant!