Sunday, January 31, 2010

{Decorating} My New Kitchen in Progress!

Have you all been wondering what's going at on at our new house?! If you don't know about our house story, read it here. As you probably know, we did our remodeling and moved in right before Christmas! With an amazing team of contractors, this was the quickest project we've ever done (14 days!). I can't tell you how happy we are in this house. Not only is the house beautiful and functional for our family, but the neighborhood is incredible! We have already become fast friends with several of the families on the block and it is a true community feel here. (rare for Phoenix) Our next door neighbors & our neighbors across the street have kids the same ages as ours (perfect!). We live at the end of a cul-de-sac where all of the neighbor kids play outside everyday!
It's been quite a project for me to furnish this house from scratch, but I've loved every minute of it. It's still a work in progress, but I wanted to share a few photos of how things are coming along. I mentioned on my Facebook page that I found a pair of zebra barstools at Pier 1, and promised to share a photo of them in my new kitchen (see above)! Here's the kitchen before new flooring, granite, glass tile backsplash, sink, faucet, lighting!

One of my favorite things that we did to this house is the glass tile backsplash in the kitchen, along with a matching fireplace surround (photos coming soon!). Here a detail photo of the tile! I LOVE it!
I'm having so much finding fabulous things for our new house!
I have a lot more work to do, but little by little....it will get done!

32 comments:

Raven said...

Gorgeous! Love that glass tile, too!

theboy said...

beautiful! - what is the tile on the floor? I love it. we are planning an expansion and would love to use something similar in our master bath.

Clean Mama said...

Wow! I've been looking at glass tile backsplashes for our kitchen too - is that a clear tile over your paint? SO perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Aaron [air] said...

Love the glass tile. I think my favorite item in the kitchen are the jars in the middle of the island countertop! Im a sucker for fun jars! Great job Kim!

Lindsay @ Likely Design said...

Kim - it looks ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Great work and keep the before and afters coming!

xoxoxo, L.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

love it, the tiles look great! cant wait to see the rest!

Lindsay said...

Where did you get this glass tile? I LOVE it!

karen ~ lillybelle Custom Designs said...

Everything looks beautiful, Kim! The zebra stools are awesome....they are so fun and really add a bit of the unexpected to the kitchen. Can't wait to see more photos!

extreme personal measures said...

I MUST have those stools! LOL! The kitchen looks fabulous!

Bhupesh, Tania & Aryaan said...

Hi Kim! I'm new to your website/blog site, and I love everything! I'm sure you done plenty of research of the remodel, but I wanted to show your something/or you research it. I watch General Hospital (and am so in love with it) and there's this one living/family room that you might like. It's Carly and Jax's home. It's black/white/yellow/green with damask/zebra print. Just wanted to share, take a look if you are interested.

I love the stools!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more of your house. If you wouldn't mind sharing, who installed your flooring? I live in Gilbert and we are planning on redoing our floors and we are either putting in tile or engineered wood. We haven't found anyone yet and if you have a good source I'd love to hear who. Thanks. Amy

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

I can't wait to see what the back splash looks like in your kitchen! Love the Zebra Stools too!!!

Mrs. P said...

i love glass tile! your kitchen looks amazing- changing everything really brightened the place up.

way to go mama!

momsthelaw.blogspot.com

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Wow, Kim, abolutely gorgeous!! Loooove that backsplash!

Kustom Kreations by Elisha Akram said...

Beautiful! Love your style.....!

Unknown said...

nice selection of finishes-love the pop of zebra on the barstools!

Lynn Kellan said...

You have such an artistic eye; please keep us posted with your decorating. I love seeing what you can do!

denise said...

Conratulations! You have exquisite taste!!! Many blessings on your new home!!!

Becky said...

Kim.....You are so fabulous! I love what you've done with the kitchen!!!!

jessica said...

LOVE the backsplash! And those stools are so perfect! Beautiful! As always!

Unknown said...

Wow! It's beautiful! I LOVE those stools and the back splash is fab!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! what fun! i cant wait to see more! i am hosting my very first giveaway! stop by for a visit!

Karla said...

It seems we have the same taste in color scheme,browns, and patterns. I love animal prints!
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!
You are doing an amaaazing job!

Bridgett | Perideau Designs said...

Love it! I've been looking for inspiration for our kitchen back splash and love the clear glass tile!!

Amanda said...

GORGEOUS!!! I totally want to sit there and relax and watch someone bake!

Vicki Lynn Photography said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! Beautiful job as always! I'm gonna have to stop by this week and check it out! :)

V

Vicki Lynn Photography said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! Beautiful job as always! I'm gonna have to stop by this week and check it out! :)

V

Heather said...

Wow! It looks great! I'm amazed how quickly you've finished everything!

The Fifield Kail Family! said...

Wow I Absolutely Love it to....It's Beautifully done and I Love the frame by the stove is that a menu/message board? It's beautifull I have to have one. Keep us posted, By the way
I Love your blog.

Helen M said...

wow, where on earth do you find the time to remodel with kids, blog etc, way to go girl!!!

The Fifield Kail Family! said...

We love the salt and pepper shaker pics would you mind sharing were you bought those????? Thanks Jessie

Lizet said...

I love the way this kitchen is turning out too. I asked for the colors of your previous kitchen, but I also would like to sample the colors you put on this one too. I'm having my entire house repainted so I'm looking for ideas everywhere! Thanks
my email is gomezliz_19 at hotmail.com